Thursday 16 June 2011

What does this button do? ...

Talk about being new to this whole blogging thing. I have never made so much as a facebook post which in these modern times has left behind the game. First on the agenda; post a few sketchbook pages that I have slapped together since breaking up from university for the summer. A bit of a mixed bag I know. Not having a brief has left me in a situation where I am not having to restrict myself in anyway, and so sometimes I just go days on end filling pages with tripe. I have been working mainly from newspaper photographs, which I know is a bit of a no-no, but if I am honest it has been giving me a direction to focus on which is beginning to help me break out of the rut. However, quite naturally I work whenever and wherever possible from life. Currently I have three different sketchbooks on the go, an A6 that I take with me everywhere and an A3 and an A4 mainly for use in the studio. I have drowned them all in coffee and tea staining on an impulse but I have not yet began to regret it, though I am sure that time will come.




































No comments:

Post a Comment